Today is my first day as a divorcee. To many women, this means freedom. Some have an "Independence Party" - and I think that is pretty tacky. Do you really want to explain to your children you are celebrating divorcing their father? I just don't think that's the way to go. If you do, feel free. I'm not trying to knock anyone. To each her own. Me? It does mean freedom in some respects but it also means the end of a special time in my life. After I left the court I was numb I guess because I just went to work. Then I had a real good cry - the boo hoo, ugly kind. After that...a good fight with the ex-husband. I suppose God was just reminding me why I got divorced in the first place. Moving on.
It might be cheesy but it's true - TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF MY LIFE - and I am excited! I have big plans. First on the list...I'm selling my house. I already found the one I want to buy. I'm very excited to decorate my new home, wherever it is. Before I was married, I never signed a lease for longer than 6 months. I love to move and I love to redecorate my space. My daughter is equally excited. There are several things I "plan" to do but first I have to make a new TO DO list. Not a daily list, or even a weekly list. This list is going to be my to do list for the rest of the year. I'll let you know what's on it as soon as I'm done with the first draft.
Happy Friday to you!
P.S. I love Lexus. My key broke into pieces so I ran by the dealership today and they made me a new one on the spot! They also gave me a brand new keychain! I thought that was nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment